Thursday, January 28, 2010

Who Are Those Old People?

My son goes to the same high school I graduated from in 1979. My daughter graduated from that school 4 years ago.

So, last week I was in the school and discovered that there is a sports hall of fame. Though I did not like high school, it was pretty cool to see that people I knew of (I didn't know anyone cool personally) were inducted. But as I looked at the photos of inductees I wondered, "Who are these old people?" Well, they were my classmates! Some of these old people were even younger than I am!

Let me point out that, even though we live in the same area I grew up in, and my kids have gone to the same schools, I have had very little interaction with anyone I graduated with. I did not particularly like high school and have been to no reunions. (The stress would kill me.) Well, it wasn't entirely my fault that I didn't go, I was invited to only two of six reunions.

I do occasionally run into people I knew in high school. The couple I recognized look exactly the same. Maybe I see others all the time, but I just don't recognize them -- because they are old.

So the answer is -- those old people are people my age who graduated from high school with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment