Wednesday, January 27, 2010

I Am Too Young to ...

I've been thinking about it for a while and it is finally here. My list of "I am too young to..."
  • stop wearing high heels with blue jeans.
  • be a grandparent.
  • give up camping.
  • stop racewalking.
  • give up white water rafting.
  • win my age group in a half marathon. (Maybe when I’m 80.)
  • wear bifocals. (I can't give up my contact lenses, even if I do need "cheaters".)
  • be cantankerous, and have people think it is charming or cute.
  • wear orthopedic shoes.
  • stay home on a Friday night.
  • give up happy hour.
  • have to stop drinking red wine, quit eating eggs and watch my dairy intake.
  • give up my dream of hiking the Appalachian Trail, the Grand Canyon and Machu Picchu.
  • have age spots and crows feet.
  • wear “mom” jeans.
  • stop coloring my hair.
  • watch the new Price is Right or Let's Make a Deal.
  • need hearing aids. (My kids would disagree with this.)
  • let myself get fat.
  • have a daughter graduating from college. (She graduates on June 12.)
  • stop dreaming.
Photo from: http://www.flickr.com/photos/13545847@N00/2548546586/in/pool-girlsinbluejeansandhighheels.

No comments:

Post a Comment