Monday, January 18, 2010

Note to Self

On days when there is no school, do not eat lunch at any restaurant that has a play land.

I need to clarify -- I like kids. Let me rephrase -- I like SOME kids. My kids are great! My nieces and nephews, kids of my friends -- all amazing! What I don't like are other people's kids who cry incessantly, run wild in a restaurant, don't know the meaning of the word "no", and scream. Yeah, screaming is bad. It's even worse when I'm on my lunch hour and I just want a nice quiet place to relax and read before going back to work.

What was I thinking when I made the decision to try Chick-fil-A today? Though I've had the opportunity to try the breaded sandwiches before, I have never actually eaten at one of the restaurants. I wanted to see how the grilled chicken sandwiches compare to others I've tried.

The first sign I should have paid attention to is that the parking lot was full. Second, I should have noticed the indoor play land. But I didn't.

The good news is, I really looked forward to going back to work this afternoon.
___________

Though the sandwich was OK, Wendy's grilled chicken is tastier and juicier and more expensive. Also, it was difficult to figure out the calorie count from the web site. It wasn't obvious which sandwich I had ordered just by reading the descriptions and I could not remember what it was called.

Still, I liked the options and might go back -- on a day when school is in session.

2 comments: