Monday, January 11, 2010

Four Things

I successfully did four things recently to help keep my New Year's Resolutions:
  1. Had my hair colored and cut and told my great hair guy he is one of my resolutions. Though he jokingly said I never looked like a skunk, anyone who has roots as white as mine knows that was a lie of kindness.
  2. Bought a pair of pants that fit. The good news is, they are a size smaller than the last pair I bought! I have not made any progress on my planned weight loss, which is part of the reason I have put off buying new clothes. Just in case those 10 lbs. are with me forever, I now have one pair of dress pants that fit.
  3. Bought a new scale. Though not listed specifically, having a scale that will be somewhat accurate will assist with letting me know if I ever do lose weight. (Our previous scale is so inaccurate, I can step on the scale, step off, step right back on, and the numbers can differ by as much as 3 to 5 lbs.!)
  4. I've been taking calcium every day. Again, not spelled out specifically, but it is really important for women my age. I have several bottles of calcium in my cupboard that I have never taken because the chewables are chalky and make me gag and the capsules are so huge, I cannot swallow them with a glass of water. I opted to buy a brand new package of caramel flavored soft chews which are a lot more expensive, but I've been taking them every day.
Changing a habit takes at least 21 days. I'm on my way!

No comments:

Post a Comment