Thursday, January 21, 2010

I was in Love with Bobby Sherman

A couple of years ago some co-workers and I were talking about teen idols and I gushed about Bobby Sherman. The entire group looked at me with blank faces -- no one had ever heard of him. It was one of my first "God I feel old!" moments.

Though Bobby was known for songs like Julie (Do you Love Me) and Easy Come Easy Go, his performance career was not as long lasting as some others who were teen idols in my day. David Soul, Bobby's co-star in the show Here Come the Brides, was great in Starsky and Hutch. Lots of much younger women know about David and Shawn Cassidy. The members of the Monkees have tried comebacks a few times. (Davey Jones was so cute!) And there are tons more who have never gone away.

Bobby slowly disappeared and as I got older I kind of forgot about him.

He was a little bit different from other idols of his time. After guest starring on the show Emergency, he became interested in emergency medical care and law enforcement. In the early '80s, he even became an emergency medical technician and is now a sheriff. How nice is it that he is in his 60s, has a real life and is still cute!

(Still, it feels a little weird that the cute guy I had such a crush on is now over 60!)

No comments:

Post a Comment