Sunday, January 3, 2010

New Year's Resolutions


Today, in honor of the new year, I walked over 3 miles, ate a Wendy's Bacon Blue Cheese Burger, finished off the Chex mix and the remaining potato chips and French onion dip. Luckily my dog ate most of the remaining Christmas cookies and I'll be giving away the leftover candy tomorrow.

It is time for me to get serious about my New Year's Resolutions.

Though I knew January 1 was coming for an entire year, I just could not get motivated to write down my thoughts. And, to tell the truth, I knew none of my healthy eating and exercise resolutions would go into effect until Monday anyway, so what was the rush?

The list seems pretty long to me, but at the same time, I couldn't justify deleting any of them. And aside from my hair color issues, not many of them are quantifiable. Not sure how you determine success in a case like that.

So, all of those qualifiers said, here are my 2010 New Year's Resolutions:
  • Lose that pesky 10 lbs I’ve been fighting for a while.
  • Purge clothes I don’t wear and get rid of stuff I don’t need. Buy clothes that fit.
  • File stuff.
  • Have my hair professionally colored all year long to avoid the orange brassy color I am known for. Do it more often to avoid the skunk look.
  • Stop procrastinating – like waiting until January 3 to write a list of resolutions.
  • Follow through with all of the physicals and medical checkups I should be doing every year.
  • Work harder to meet deadlines and work when I'm at work.
  • Take out the trash. (I don’t know why, but I can let a trash can overflow for days!)
  • Try to spend a few minutes in silence every day.
  • Be more patient, less judgmental and say fewer negative things. Be friendlier.
  • Have more fun. Play with my dogs more often.
  • Be more generous with my time and money.
  • Sleep more. Eat better. Exercise more.
  • Read for fun.
  • Have a good beer once in a while.
  • Make it to church more often
  • Plant daffodils.
  • Reduce stress – especially about turning 50 at the end of the year.
  • Starting... now!
So, what are your resolutions?

No comments:

Post a Comment