Saturday, January 23, 2010

Friday Night, Looking Young

Friday night I went out with some friends and the friend of a friend I'll call Carl. We were having a great time consuming "beverages," joking around and discussing the really crappy music on the jukebox. It was the discussions about music that caused Carl to turn to me and say, "How old are you?"

Let me point out that I was the oldest person there and nearly everyone else was between 7 and 19 years younger. (OK, Gary is not chronologically that much younger, but mentally he is much more youthful and cool than I am.)

When I told Carl I am 49, he was genuinely surprised and made a comment that I took as shock and awe! (That's how I heard it.) He thought I was much closer to 40! From previous blog posts, you already know that I don't normally believe people who guess me too much younger than what I am, but Friday I believed him.

So, Carl has become my favorite "friend of a friend," and I am choosing to remember him as a totally sober, clear-headed, honest and very astute person. (It's my story, I can believe what I want.)
______

Decided that from now on, all official photos of me will be taken in bars after I've had a beverage or two. The crow's feet look OK and I am loving my hair!

No comments:

Post a Comment