Monday, January 25, 2010

Where Did my Eyelids Go!

As I was applying my eye makeup the other day, I had a rude awakening. I put on the eyeshadow, opened my eyes to check it and the color disappeared. Somehow, unnoticed by me, my eyelids have gotten so heavy the top totally covers my lid! I have my Grandma's eyes!

It's funny how it happened so gradually I didn't even notice it was progressing. And suddenly -- whammo! No eyelids!

A couple of years before my mom died, she had complained about her eyelids. Apparently the lids were so heavy, she was having difficulty opening them all the way and it was interfering with her vision. She had talked about having eyelid surgery, but I can't remember why she didn't.

Though I find it extremely annoying, I'm not sure I will ever have surgery. I have this fear of having a perpetually surprised facial expression. And I keep thinking about all of those famous people who have had really horrible results. If someone who makes millions can end up with bad plastic surgery, what hope would a middle class, middle aged woman from Ohio have?

I'll just have to get used to having my mom and now my grandma looking back at me from the mirror -- and I will probably save lots of money on eyeshadow.

No comments:

Post a Comment