Saturday, December 19, 2009

Old to a 6 Year Old

NOTE: I was not thrilled with my original post on this day. I've been thinking about it ever since it went live. So, on December 20, I made the decision to edit it. I know I'm not technically supposed to, but I just couldn't help it. Besides, I think it is better now.
__________

During a visit to a local science museum, my friends and I came across a computer imager that showed what people will look like when they are old. Basically, a computer takes a picture of your face and ages it.

A friend tried it before I did and it was pretty funny seeing him with less hair, tons of wrinkles and sunken cheeks. Then I sat down, had my picture taken, and waited for the results. I was shocked -- aside from a few new wrinkles on my forehead, I looked exactly the same! Though I laughed at the time, I have been stewing about it ever since.

Today it dawned on me, that device was designed for children! Hey, if a 6 year old was given those wrinkles, it would be tremendously aging! And to a child, 49 is extremely old! (Well, it kinda is to me, too, isn't it.)

No comments:

Post a Comment