Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Connecting the Dots

Putting on my makeup this morning I noticed something new on the right side of my face near my hair line -- two new age spots! ARGH!

For those of you who do not know what age spots are, they are dark spots you get on the skin that indicate you are OLD! As if it isn't punishment enough that our skin eventually sags and we all get cellulite, do we really have to get spots, too? (I promise, I will never post photos of my cellulite.) And I actually have a pretty big one on my left cheek that is almost identical to the one my dad had!

I first noticed the spots on my face when getting my hair colored years ago. My hair guy was cleaning up drips and kept scrubbing at my cheek. After I complained about the pain, he finally said, "Oh, that one is permanent."


In the 1990s I secretly hoped my spots would eventually turn into something cool, similar to the markings of the Star Trek: Deep Space Nine character, Jadzi Dax. Most of the men I knew at the time thought she was hot, so that didn't seem so bad back then. Well, the show was canceled 10 years ago -- I might be the only "normal" person who even remembers her.

It would cost a fortune to use fading creams, moisturizers and heavy duty sun screens. But is it really worth it? I'm not sure. However, if I keep going at this rate, I'll eventually look like a leopard or, if the spots merge, like I have a permanent tan. Me with a tan -- now that would be a nice change!

No comments:

Post a Comment