Sunday, December 13, 2009

Happy Birthday to Me!

Today I turned 49. Though I fretted and stewed about it this past week leading up to this day, it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.

The sun came up though it was raining. I over-slept and missed Mass. We ran out of real coffee and I had to mix it with decaf. (Yuck!) I was thrilled I had decided not to enter the local 4-mile race some of my friends had entered. (I don't do rain in the winter.)

Highlights:
  • My daughter called from a foreign country to wish me a happy birthday! (Big surprise!)
  • The first thing my son said when he saw me was happy birthday! (No prompting.)
  • My husband took me shopping to get the exact heart rate monitor I wanted. (I love it.)
  • We had a nice lunch in a Mexican restaurant, though the two new ones I suggested were both closed on Sundays, so we went to the old reliable. (Delicious.)
  • Two of my four siblings acknowledged me today! (Nice!)
  • And I have no visible roots! (Rare!)
So, it is after 10:30. I went grocery shopping about an hour ago and have done a couple of loads of laundry. My husband and son are already in bed. I'm stressing about heading back to work in the morning. Looks like life is back to normal.

Only 364 days to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment