Monday, June 7, 2010

Daddy's Girl

While walking in our neighborhood tonight I encountered a neighbor I've never seen before.

He was walking his fairly large dog, which is not unusual by itself, but he didn't pick up after his dog, which was unusual. (It was half in the grass of a random yard and half on the sidewalk -- gross!)

I was pretty shocked and had planned to say something to him.

He looked to be in his early 20s and was fairly tall -- well over 6 feet! His black hair was in dreadlocks with bright purple highlights. He walked with his head held high as if he was proud of himself. I wondered if this was a purposeful act.

As we approached each other and I thought about what I would say, I noticed his skin-tight black T-shirt with the ripped off sleeves --in a pretty purple script to match his hair it said "Daddy's Girl."

I walked on by. How would I ever be able to talk to him and keep a straight face.

No comments:

Post a Comment