Saturday, June 12, 2010

Crying in the Parking Lot Again

My daughter graduated from college today and though I almost cried when the band played Pomp and Circumstance, I didn't. In fact, I waited until I was leaving her house after the cookout that was rained out -- more or less. I stood in the parking lot behind her house with my husband and cried -- just a little. Though I wanted to stay and help her pack or clean, she really needed people to leave, so I left.

I hope she has the chance to relax a little today. I hope she has a chance to tell everyone good bye.

Another milestone reached.

2 comments:

  1. I've been reclusive lately and not reading or commenting. Sorry. I'm so sorry to hear about Ozzie. You must be so proud of Amanda. She's blessed to have you for a Mom. I hope she sees that. If not today then someday - but I imagine she does -it's always the verbalizing. Be well my friend. T

    ReplyDelete
  2. Had a great time talking to you last night!

    ReplyDelete