Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Putting Things in Perspective

I found out this morning that a casual friend of mine died last night. His name was Dougie.

Though Dougie was not a close friend, we saw him often -- he worked at the pub where we hang out. He was always in a good mood, he worked hard and he treated everyone very well. Dougie had some of the best bartender T-shirts ever, including my favorite which read: Tell your mom to quit texting me. On Halloween he wore a great pimp-wolf costume.

Dougie was only 36 years old.

So, today, as I think about Dougie being only 36 and his life cut short, I'm putting some things in perspective. Having a business that failed, working a job that isn't ideal and having major home repairs do not seem like they are very important.

And, turning 50 later this year is looking better and better every day.

Good-bye Dougie! You'll be missed!

No comments:

Post a Comment