Saturday, May 15, 2010

He Thought I was a Pole Dancer

The other day a friend my age told me a story that ended with, "He thought I was a pole dancer."

At first I was just stunned. "What?" I said in shock and horror. I'm sure my mouth dropped open.

She explained how, because of loud music and some miscommunication, the guy she was introduced to that night thought she worked as a pole dancer/stripper.

My second reaction was to offer sympathy. How could anyone believe a woman this classy could be a pole dancer? Seeing that she was not angry I asked how she felt about it.

Her response made me laugh. She said something like: How cool is it that someone would think I could make money as a pole dancer -- at my age!

A male friend leaned over to whisper in my ear, "I'd pay to see her pole dance." Well, she is pretty hot.

It's funny how things that would be insulting at certain times of your life are seen as compliments when you get older. At the age of 25 if someone made that same assumption, I'm sure she would have slapped him!

No comments:

Post a Comment