Tuesday, April 19, 2011

With red pens in hand...


Sometimes, life is boring. Sometimes, it is just the task ahead of us that can be boring or tedious. When you are an adult, as much as you want to, you can't just skip the tedious or hard parts of life and only do the fun things.

I thought about that today as I geared up to edit some text I knew was dull, I knew was poorly written and I knew would be frustrating.

But, I also knew that as soon as it was finished, I could move on.

So, with red pens in hand and plenty of caffeine to fight the fatigue, I spent a good part of the day doing nothing but finishing the edit. It was pretty tough and I used a TON of red ink. And you know what? I feel so much better getting that monkey off my back! And the best part is, I was able to push it off on to someone else. Whew!

Now I just need to do a better job applying that attitude to other parts of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment