Monday, April 26, 2010

My Dog Died

The dog of the infamous list of Things my Dog Ate has died.

Because of the nature of this blog, I wasn't sure I should even write about it. It took a while to make the decision -- he died over a month ago.

Ozzie was a very smart dog who was not aware he was a dog. He knew the other dogs were merely dogs, but he was above it all. You could see his brain trying to figure out how to get the pizza off the counter, how to open the dog-proof trash can, or sneak somewhere he shouldn't go.

He was only 6 years old, so his death was a surprise. Both of the other dogs, our yellow lab and my mom's old blind poodle, are much older. We had expected that Ozzie would be around another 8 years, long after the old dogs were gone.

So, though I feel bad he is gone, he did go suddenly and it appeared to be without pain. And I'm confident it was not anything he ate.

If I can find a photo, I'll post it.

No comments:

Post a Comment