Sunday, April 25, 2010

At the age of 20...

We had nearly lost touch with a long-time friend of ours. Recently we had been running into him more often at the local pub where we hang out. It's been great seeing him so often!

The other night we were talking about how long we had known him -- nearly 20 years! It was shocking to us how old we are now. (We are all turning 50 this year.)

"When I was only 10, I could not imagine ever being 20. That was so old!" he said. "Then at 20, I couldn't imagine being 40. Then that seemed old." He continued. "When I was 40, well, 50 seemed old." He paused, took a big drink from his beer, looked me straight in the eye and with a little smile said, "Now, I'm here -- this is it -- I'm just old."

I know where you are coming from -- and most of the time I am right there with you -- but lately, I am not feeling so old!
_______

PS: I hope we keep hanging out for another 20 years!

No comments:

Post a Comment