Thursday, February 4, 2010

I Hate Being an Adult

Recently I inherited a small amount of money that will make a difference in our lives. I have a million plans for that money that includes a new kitchen, great new wardrobes for everyone, trips all over the world and probably new cars AFTER we invest in our IRAs.

The trips are what I am most excited about! (And a new kitchen. My refrigerator is avocado.) I'd LOVE to hike to the bottom of the Grand Canyon, spend a few days and then hike back out. I was hoping we could go to Cozumel for our anniversary. We had promised our son a trip to San Diego, we've talked for years about going to Germany and there are a million half marathons I want to enter.

If I took every single trip I have in mind, well, I would spend that small amount of money many, many times over! (I'm not the Federal government. I'm not allowed trillions in deficit spending.)

It's depressing, but there are other things that are much more important than these trips and renovations, and a lot less fun and exciting. I don't need to list them -- you all know what they are.

Sometimes I really HATE having to be an adult!

No comments:

Post a Comment