Sunday, October 23, 2011

Which way do we go?

The other day, my husband and I were driving to meet some friends out for dinner.

As we got close to our turn, I suggested he get in the right lane since we would be turning right. He disagreed and said that we would be turning left at the end of the road. I was convinced he was wrong and repeated that we would be veering to the right.

Finally he asked if I knew where the restaurant was. "Yes," I said. "It's at the Kingsdale mall." Then he asked what street I thought we were on. I looked up and noticed we were on Reed Road, which runs PARALLEL to Kenny Road, where I thought we were.

I was pretty embarrassed, and he teased me about my more and more frequent "brain fades."

Finally he said, "If it makes you feel any better, I had intended to go that way. I pulled out of the driveway and realized we were facing the wrong direction and didn't want to pull back in and turn around."

FYI to our kids -- In the near future I think GPS will make a great gift for your parents.

No comments:

Post a Comment