Sunday, June 26, 2011

Facing my Fears

It's funny how you can go your whole life and not know you are afraid of something. In the past year, I've had a few hints, but in the middle of the Warrior Dash it was confirmed -- I'm afraid of heights!

Being at the top of a two-story cargo net wall is not where you want to discover something like this. Actually, I had a pretty strong feeling at the bottom of the wall that I might be afraid. Looking up the wall made my hands sweat and my heart race. But at the top of the wall -- well all doubt was removed. It is not easy to swing your leg over the top of a tall wall when you are holding on for dear life and totally terrified.

But I did it.

And even though my legs were so shaky afterward that I could not walk the planks, I'm really proud of myself. I was scared to climb the wall, but I did it anyway!

Kinda gives me a feeling of invincibility.

No comments:

Post a Comment