Sunday, December 12, 2010

Why I'm Not Old

Earlier I posted a list of reasons why I am old. Today is my list of why I'm NOT old.

1) I wear smaller jeans now than I did 10 years ago. AND they are not Mom jeans! (Anymore)

2) I finished six half marathons this year.

3) I have the same winter coat as one of my teenaged son's friends.

4) Without my contacts in, I can read the small print.

5) I did a zip line this summer. The tallest zip line in the United States!

6) I like Corona. (Have you EVER seen an old person drinking Corona? Me neither.)

7) I know how to blog, Tweet and I have a Facebook page. (OK, this might not be a sign of youngness.)

8) I was carded for buying beer earlier this year. (OK, they carded everyone, but still, they carded me!)

9) I have all of my teeth. (Well, except for the one crown which wasn't my fault. A filling fell out and I didn't realize until it needed a root canal.)

10) I text my kids instead of calling them.

11) I was given a kayak for my birthday. No one would give an old lady a kayak!

Need more proof?

2 comments:

  1. Like a fine wine, you grow better with age. No one calls wine old. They call it vintage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! This is why we are friends!

    ReplyDelete