Thursday, September 9, 2010

Feeling Blue

I was feeling a little bit blue the other day for a variety of reasons -- car repairs, house repairs, autumn, shorter days, jobs... So my husband and I decided to head out to happy hour.

There's a little pub that we hang out at regularly. We've been going there for years and have a group of friends we hang out with there. I was hoping to run into a couple of them.

Shortly after arriving, we found out one friend is having legal difficulties and another had a family member die in a horrible house fire. Both situations made me rethink my worries and put things in perspective.

So I've spent a small fortune on car repairs and have some house repairs yet to handle. And my husband's and my job concerns are nothing when I think about the friends of mine who have lost their jobs. And when you think of the other losses our friends have experienced, my troubles and concerns are insignificant.

So, though we went out because I was feeling a little blue, I did not come back feeling better. However, I am feeling thankful that I have the problems I have, and though they are somewhat annoying and can be tough, I'm able to handle them (so far).

2 comments:

  1. I read a quote somewhere, from someone (I can't remember where or who - but then I AM almost as old as you), but I'll paraphrase, "Most people, if able to toss their troubles into a pile along with those of others, would end up taking their own back." Wow - how's that for a BAD paraphrase? But you get the idea. Another bad paraphrase, "With God, all things are possible, but no one said easy."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I think you are right!

    ReplyDelete