Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Sex or Ice Cream?


Sometimes my male friends have TMI moments. Yesterday, my friend Henry had one of those moments.

Henry is about 2 years older than I am. I've known him for about 20 years. I've been married that entire time -- he's been married about 10 years.

Somehow yesterday the topic of sex came up in conversation. I think it started when I told him I'm turning 50 this year and he said, "Welcome to the club!" Following that statement, he proceeded to tell me how things change after the big 5-0. A lot of it was positive -- until he brought up sex.

"When I was younger and single, all I wanted was sex," he said. He described going out on the weekends with the main goal being to meet women to eventually have sex. Now, he confessed, his testosterone levels aren't as high, which has had an affect.

He told me it has nothing to do with his wife -- she is beautiful and he loves her. "Sometimes, though, I'm thinking, 'Do I want sex or do I want ice cream?'" With a somewhat embarrassed look on his face he admitted, "Sometimes I would really rather have a bowl of ice cream."

No one ever told us about this in our high school sex ed classes!

Photo from: http://www.freefoto.com/images/09/36/09_36_5_prev.jpg
______________

Disclaimer: Obviously, the name was changed to protect our friendship.

No comments:

Post a Comment